I have a new project to complete for my university course, called ‘Winter is Coming.’
The aim of this project is to create an opening title for a fictional anthology series called ‘Winter is Coming,’ with each of us creating a basic outline for an episode and constructing the opening title sequence around that.
Below you will find some preliminary notes I made about the project.
Winter is Coming opening credits
- Nordic/Gaelic/Welsh noir inspired
- Typically from the perspective of the police (most commonly dealing with murder)
- Sometimes deal with corruption of government
- Slow burn tension and drama
- Opening title to be 60-90 seconds long
- Can either be an opening scene with credits or more traditional opening credits (like a montage)
- Winter is Coming- anthology series style
Episode style/story notes-
- Cops vs bikers (Ragnarök, name for Biker Gang)
- Corrupt local government official funding bikers (either through drugs or weapons)
- Police pick up the trail after a body is found, suspected be a gang killing
- Bikers preparing for a war with other gangs
Opening credits content notes-
- Opening shot of dead body central to plot
- Majority of credits are a close up of the two leads (separately) faces, half on show, over a black background while short clips from the episode fade in and out beside them
- Leads= lead investigator and biker gang leader
- Clips showcase the characters personalities through actions (such as arrests for the cop and beating someone for the gang leader)
- End of credits feature the series title (Winter is Coming) and the episode title (Ragnarök) as a subtitle.
- Alternative: Main title comes up, a “snowstorm” covers it over in white and replaces it with Ragnarök.