Tag: Nathan Mason
WiC: Ragnarok opening 1
Ragnarok initial concept notes
This is the opening shot to the episode, setting the location and mystery the episode will follow.
- Ext shot, hill with trees, panning down hill
- Follows straight from one, shot up river with buildings in the background, camera pans down into 3
- Camera pans down into final position
- Camera onto body lying on slab stones/concrete, hold for a few seconds, let music well up and smash cut into next frame
*All p/in/p videos fade in and out*
Half profile shots of the two leads of the episode (a police investigator and the leader/ sub-boss of the biker gang suspected of the murder. Beside each are small videos showing actions of the upcoming episode to give a brief insight to the characters.)
- Shot of character getting out of car and talking to colleague
- Shot of character arresting/interviewing someone
- Shot of character room clearing/searching for clues
- Shot of character in a bar with drink (maybe a smoke too)
- Shot of character preparing chain/knife/knuckle duster
- Shot of character flexing with leather/denim vest on
Main title card for the episode, pic 1 is independent, while 2 and 3 are together.
- Black background, title fades in, followed shortly by episode title
- Series title fades in as a snowstorm starts to pick up (going from upper left to lower right), flows into pic 3.
- White background with vignette around border, episode title fades in black letters (possibly with episode count underneath)
Winter is coming- project notes
I have a new project to complete for my university course, called ‘Winter is Coming.’
The aim of this project is to create an opening title for a fictional anthology series called ‘Winter is Coming,’ with each of us creating a basic outline for an episode and constructing the opening title sequence around that.
Below you will find some preliminary notes I made about the project.
Winter is Coming opening credits
- Nordic/Gaelic/Welsh noir inspired
- Typically from the perspective of the police (most commonly dealing with murder)
- Sometimes deal with corruption of government
- Slow burn tension and drama
- Opening title to be 60-90 seconds long
- Can either be an opening scene with credits or more traditional opening credits (like a montage)
- Winter is Coming- anthology series style
Episode style/story notes-
- Cops vs bikers (Ragnarök, name for Biker Gang)
- Corrupt local government official funding bikers (either through drugs or weapons)
- Police pick up the trail after a body is found, suspected be a gang killing
- Bikers preparing for a war with other gangs
Opening credits content notes-
- Opening shot of dead body central to plot
- Majority of credits are a close up of the two leads (separately) faces, half on show, over a black background while short clips from the episode fade in and out beside them
- Leads= lead investigator and biker gang leader
- Clips showcase the characters personalities through actions (such as arrests for the cop and beating someone for the gang leader)
- End of credits feature the series title (Winter is Coming) and the episode title (Ragnarök) as a subtitle.
- Alternative: Main title comes up, a “snowstorm” covers it over in white and replaces it with Ragnarök.
Wendigo shoot BTS
This is a brief portfolio tracking my research and development of my first university project, which is to create six images to form a story revolving around the concept and theme of dreams.
The first slide gives a brief summary of Jung’s study of dreams and his concept of the Shadow archetype.
The second slide is a series of pictures that I produced as part of exercises in my university lessons that I have found to be fairly inspirational towards the development of this project.
My third slide is simply just a small collection of films that explore a similar theme of an “inner monster/animal” to myself and that have inspired me in some way on this project.
Slide four is rather self explaining in that it describes my main inspiration (the Wendigo) for the project.
Slides five and six are also very self explaining as they are the storyboard for my proposed pictures.